Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lime

Lime, also traditionally known as lime green or lime-green, is a color three-fourths of the way between yellow and green (closer to yellow than to green), so named because it is a representation of the color of the citrus fruit called limes. It is the color that is half way between the web color chartreuse and yellow on the color wheel and it is my favourite colour!



So much so, that when I planned my wedding nearly 7 years ago, lime was the theme, and I walked down the aisle in a stunning lime green Velani by Nicky gown. Lime is the colour of grass after rain, leaves in spring, crisp granny smith apples and spearmint choc chip ice cream. It is vibrant, it is tropical, and it is the key ingredient for to two of my favourite luxuries....mojitos and key lime pies

M
xoxo

{via Leite's Culinaria }

No comments:

Post a Comment